In tour #2 “The Assyrians can not exterminate Gods people” we make another journey back in time.
We meet the very first Assyrians, long before they became infamous, and we take a closer look at their religion and culture. We might even find out some things about them which may surprise us!
To give you a chance to inform yourself and your family (maybe during family worship?) so that you can even better enjoy this tour we provide you with a reading list, based on articles from the official website of Jehovah’s Witnesses, JW.ORG:
- Insight in the Scriptures, article on “Assyria”.
- A Lost Empire That Embarrassed Bible Critics
- Cruel Assyria—The Second Great World Power
- Does Archaeology Support the Bible?
- A Book You Can Trust — Assyria in Bible History
- When did lions disappear from Bible lands?
- Libraries—Gateways to Knowledge
- Ancient Cuneiform and the Bible
It is not necessary to read these articles but it will increase you knowledge and enjoyment of the tour and it will help you understand the discussed points quicker 😀
If you have not signed up for a date and time of this Assyria tour yet, you can do so here: www.mybible.tours/next